Luyện thi IELTS với RES nhé!!!
1. Advertising: your favourite advert. An advert you remember as a child. An advert that influenced you to buy something. The morality of advertising, particularly in relation to children.
2. Customs and culture: the decline of traditional customs. Are cultures becoming more alike? The impact of computers/technology on culture; the impact of tourism on host countries.
3. Crime: much less common now but still asked. Views on crime and punishment. Drug use.
4. Education: probably the most common topic in Bangkok in 2013. Areas to cover include: the role of the teacher in educating the child. The topics children should study in schools. What is the role of schools/university: to educate, help business or create the best society possible. The use of technology in education. Co-education versus single sex education. Setting according to ability versus mixed ability classes.
5. Environment: what can be done to lessen environmental damage. People’s role and government’s role.
6. Family: more common in speaking and General IELTS. Care for the elderly. The size of the family.
7. Gender: less common now than in the past, questions on gender and education still common in speaking and writing.
8. Globalisation: usually looked at from the point of view of the developing nation: how does tourism affect developing countries. Immigration is commonly asked too.
9. Government: this can come in many different forms – when talking about schools, the environment, charities, health, advertising. The question is really always the same: What role should the state play in society. This is quite tough to answer at first but once you grasp it you will pray you are asked a government question.
10. Health: role of government in promoting health: state health systems, private healthcare. How to reduce the use of alcohol.
11. Housing/buildings: Do you live in a house or apartment. Name a building you like. Should governments build more housing?
12. Science: a very broad topic admittedly but one that is easy to learn: what is science’s role in society. Should we encourage more science/maths in schools? Why has science declined as a subject at university level? The humanities versus science.
13. Shopping: favourite shops and shopping malls. Materialistic society.
14. Sport: sports you have played. The state of professional sport. The role of sport in society.
15. Technology: the internet and mobile phones: how have they changed communication? Describe a piece of technology you own.
16. Tourism: holidays you have been on; positives and negatives of tourism, for the individual tourist, and for the host country.
17. Transport: traffic. The use of public transport.
18. Urbanisation/city life: do you live in a city. Why are cities more popular with young people? City life is more stressful than life in small towns and villages – discuss.
19. Water: water supply – should government regulate the supply of water.
20. Work: work/life balance; work for young people; globalisation and the workplace.