1. Jenny has a job that pays $8 per hour plus tips (t). Jenny worked for 4 hours on Monday and made $65 in all. Which equation could be used to find t, the amount Jenny made in tips? ---A. 65 = 4t + 8B. 65 = 8t + 4C. 65 = 8t + 4D. 65 = 8(4) + t (1)
2. A board 79 inches long is cut into 3 pieces. The second piece is 5 inches longer than the first. The third piece is twice as long as the second. If x represents the length of the first piece, then which equation can be used to determine the length of the first piece? ---A. 79 = 5x + 15B. 79 = x + (x + 5) + 2xC. 79 = 3x + 12D. 79 = x + (x + 5) + 2(x + 5) (2)
3. ---A. To frightenB. FrightenedC. FrighteningD. Having frightened (3) by the roaring thunder, the baby burst out crying
4. We can’t go outside ---A. untilB. despiteC. howeverD. during (4) the rain stops
5. It ---A. snowsB. was snowwingC. was snowingD. snowed (5) when we arrived at the ski centre.
6. If she ---A. startB. will startC. startsD. starting (6) doing more homework, she will easily pass her exams
7. My uncle arrived ---A. lateB. latelyC. latenessD. later than (7) yesterday afternoon
8. I don’t enjoy ---A. cycleB. circleC. cyclingD. circling (8) to school in the winter
9. My mum has never eaten sushi before and ---A. so am IB. neither do IC. neither have ID. so do I (9)
10. The hotel room was ---A. enoughB. a lotC. tooD. much (10) hot for me to sleep.